- Jun 29, 2021
One may come across Hotmail login issues due to various reasons. Therefore, you must be aware of some common causes leading to this problem. This will allow you to fix the problem easily. Here, we have mentioned some of the common ways that can help your get rid of Hotmail login issues. Also, here you will learn how to prevent Hotmail login issues in the future and how to unblock Hotmail accounts. Before you move on to these solutions, let us first read what leads to this problem.
Incorrect configuration of Hotmail settings
Missing MS Office files
Missing Windows Update
Outlook or Hotmail server issue
You are locked out of your Hotmail account.
Availability of Add-ons
Location and device changes
2-factor authentication problems
Below we have mentioned different ways that can help you get rid of the Hotmail login issues.
Method 1: Reset the password
Method 2: Check the browser to access Hotmail
There is a chance that you are facing the Hotmail login issue because you forgot the password. In such a case, the best way to resolve your issues is to reset the password. Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to reset your Hotmail password.
Step 1: First of all, go to the Hotmail login page.
Step 2: After that, select the sign-in option.
Step 3: Now, you are required to enter the email address and then select Next.
Step 4: After that, click on the “Forgot my password” link.
Step 5: Now, you will be taken to a page where you need to complete your verification operation.
Step 6: Verify your account through via email address or mobile phone number.
Step 7: Once the verification is over, create a new password and then select Next.
Step 8: Then, you need to enter the captcha code and then select “Next”.
Maybe there is a problem with your internet browser that is leading to Hotmail login issues. To fix this problem, apply the simple steps given below.
Step 1: The first thing that you need to do is to clear the caches and cookies of the internet browser you are using.
Step 2: After that, you are required to turn off extensions and third-party add-ons from the browser.
Below are some tips that you should follow in order to fix Hotmail login issues.
1. You must not use the same password for two different email accounts.
2. Moreover, your password should be easy to remember and hard to crack.
3. Update alternate email ID and phone number as a recovery option.
4. Never allow third-party apps to access login information without your permission.
5. Use a reliable password manager for remembering passwords.
6. Also, you should never use a public Wi-Fi network to access Hotmail.
7. Moreover, you should never share your password with anyone.
1. In the first step, you are required to visit https://account.microsoft.com.
2. After that, log in using your locked account.
3. Now, get a verification code by entering your registered phone number.
4. Once it’s done, unlock your Hotmail account by changing the password. It is recommended to create a strong password.